Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Quarter of Prophecy

When Jill and I went in for our ultrasound for this pregnancy, I decided that I wanted to know if this was going to be a boy or a girl while Jill decided that she wanted to be surprised. We decided that to make sure that it stayed a surprise, Jill needed to be the second person to know. This drove our kids nuts, especially Coby. They were relentless trying to get me to tell them what sex the baby was going to be. It almost became a game for the kids to try and trick me into telling them what it was.

A couple days before the baby was due, Coby was pestering me relentlessly and I finally told him to go get a quarter. He did so and I told him to flip the quarter. If it landed heads, then it would be a boy. If it was a girl, then it would land tails. Coby flipped it and it landed tails. Not satisfied with the result he flipped it two more times, both of which landed tails. Coby then spoke to the quarter and said that it was opposite day. The next flip landed heads. I was laughing pretty hard as were several of the girls. Coby kept saying that it was just warming up and kept flipping it until he got the result he wanted.

Since now we know that Blakeley is a girl, we have decided to keep this quarter and use it to determine important events in our lives. We are even contemplating playing the lottery. ;-) If anyone is interested in making some money or learning important future events, Coby is willing to flip the quarter in your behalf for a small nominal fee. ;-)

No comments: